I’ve seen lasagne soup all over the place so I knew I had to have a go. But my recipe had to have a lot less cheese and a lot more veggies for me to serve it up for dinner.
It’s one I turn to when we fancy lasagne but I just don’t have the time.
What You’ll Need
- 500g minced beef
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 2 medium carrots(grated)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- A pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tsps. of mixed herbs
- 300g of short cut pasta ( I use fusilli)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach (chopped)
- 2 handfuls of garden peas
- 2 tbsp. of tomato puree
- 1 tin of chopped tomato
- 900ml of reduced salt/low salt beef stock
- 1 ball of mozzarella (optional)
What to do
In a large pot/ pan
First brown your minced beefand drain away any excess oil. Add all your chopped veggies apart from the spinach and peas and season with salt and pepper. (Not too much salt as the stock has plenty or if cooking with a baby in the family, leave the salt out all together)
Once cooked down add the garlic and herbs and cook for 30 sec. Add the tomato puree and cook for a further 30 sec.
Add the chopped tomatoes and pasta and give a good stir.
Add the stock and simmer until the pasta is almost cooked through.
Add the frozen peas and cook until they are just about cooked. Add the chopped spinach and leave to wilt for 1 min.
Serve straight from the pan or add to oven proof dishes and top with mozzarella and pop under a hot grill until the cheese is golden and bubbly.